Freely accessible high-speed Wifi at the VELTINS-Arena
Since 2016 football supporters and stadium visitors can benefit from free Wifi available throughout the entire home ground of the Royal Blues. The expanded technology guarantees high performance and efficiency.
Added bonus: The registration procedure is simplified. No longer is user data required from the visitors of the VELTINS-Arena or for the training sessions of the Royal Blues.
Access to the Royal Blue high-speed Wifi is a piece of cake. Users can now access the “connect 0.4” Wifi without the S04 login ID. If the fans would like to surf the Internet on their mobile or tablet, they just need to connect to the free Wifi “connect 0.4”.
Access to the Internet only takes two simple steps. First, the users have to accept the data protection policies. Then they can download the Schalke 04 app and surf the web at a maximum speed. Without the app, the mobile data connection is likely to be rather slow.
- Schalke 04 is free to restrict or completely refuse to admit Internet access – fully, partly or temporarily – at any time and without a need for justification. It is also at Schalke 04’s discretion to block Internet access to certain pages and services.
- The user is expressly informed that the use of the Internet network may be unencrypted under certain circumstances and that the data may be viewed by third parties under certain circumstances. There is a risk of harmful software affecting the end device during surfing the web. Use of the network is exclusively at user’s own risk. In particular, it is recommended not to transmit confidential information or perform financial transactions using the Internet connection provided.
- The user guarantees not to contravene the law or public morality or violate the rights of third parties when using the Internet. In particular, no pornographic, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, abusive, threatening, demagogic, discriminative or racist websites or content may be accessed.
- Copyrights and similar property rights of third parties must be respected under all circumstances. In particular, participation in so-called file-sharing networks may infringe the copyrights of third parties and is therefore strictly prohibited. The user is expressly informed of the risk of legal infringements through the use of the service.
- The user is prohibited from sending unsolicited email (spam) and/or other forms of unauthorised advertising via the network. Nor may any harassing, defamatory or threatening content be distributed or sent via the network.
- If the User violates the above rules of conduct or the rights of third parties within the scope of using the network, he will indemnify Schalke 04 against all claims of third parties resulting therefrom.
- Schalke 04 assumes no warranty or liability for the Wifi being available at all times. This applies in particular in the event when Internet access is disrupted as a result of hacker attacks.
- The liability of Schalke 04 will be excluded unless, for example, liability is mandatory under the Product Liability Act, due to intent, gross negligence, loss of life, personal injury or damage to health, due to a warranty promise, due to fraudulent concealment of a defect or due to the breach of essential contractual obligations. However, compensation for damages due to breach of essential contractual obligations will be limited to the foreseeable damage typical for the contract, unless intent or gross negligence is involved. Essential contractual obligations are defined as an obligation the fulfilment of which is essential for the proper contract implementation and compliance with which the contractual partner/user may rely on.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany will apply.
Version: July 2016
The use of public Internet via Wifi at the VELTINS-Arena is generally possible without providing personal information.
We ensure that your personal data is only collected, stored and processed to the extent necessary for the provision of the service and permitted by statutory provisions, or ordered by law.
In order to provide the access services for you, personal data of your device is needed. In this context, the MAC-addresses of the end devices may also be temporarily stored. In addition, we are entitled to store log data (“log files”) on the type and extent of the access for 7 (seven) days. These data cannot be allocated directly to you in person.
If you have any questions about data protection, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Team: [email protected]